Thank you for your interest in donating to the Lakes Region Food Pantry and Thrift Shop. LRFP is a charitable organization with 501 (c) (3) status. All proceeds go toward supporting our mission.
Please Read the entire list below to make sure you are donating items that we can accept.
You are responsible for disposing/re-homing items that we cannot take.
The Lakes Region Food Pantry depends heavily on its volunteers. Please be thorough in choosing items to donate. Sticking to this list of preferred donations will save our volunteers from doing unnecessary work. We will NOT accept containers that have been stored in garages/barns etc. due to the high rate of infestation by rodents/insects and mold/mildew. For the health and safety of our volunteers, customers, and clients, all donation containers must be thoroughly reviewed by the donor before entering our facility.
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing – laundered and with no stains, tears, pilling, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc. Please avoid donating out-of-date clothing. We do not accept used underwear. Please check all clothing before donating.
- Shoes and boots – clean and in good condition
- Small kitchen appliances (toasters, coffee makers, blenders, mixers, etc. that are CLEAN and in working condition with no missing pieces). Newer appliances are appreciated.
- Cookware, bake-ware, utensils, flatware, and tableware. Dishes must be clean and without cracks/chips. We cannot accept scratched pots/pans.
- Home décor and Furniture – Please call Amy at 603-986-0357 first if you have large items such as furniture. we do not accept large kitchen/bathroom appliances.
- Bedding including sheets, blankets, comforters, decorative pillows- laundered and without stains or rips
- Toys, games, and sports equipment with all pieces intact
- Pet care items – Unopened pet foods are welcome at the Food Pantry
We DO NOT ACCEPT the following items:
computers, printers, stereos, speakers, phones, cellphones, CRT TVs, VHS players, cassettes (music / video), large appliances, mattresses, car seats, cribs, cook books, self help books, vacuum cleaners, any item with exposed or broken wiring , items that may be deemed hazardous, items with odors such as cigarette smoke, moth balls, pet odor, and mold. We cannot take an item that needs to be wired in order to work such as chandeliers, outdoor lighting fixtures, etc.
All accepted donations depend upon the discretion of LRFP volunteers and board members.
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING DONATIONS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY DURING JANUARY AND FEBRUARY WHILE THE THRIFT SHOP IS CLOSED FOR WINTER BREAK. TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT PLEASE CALL 603-476-5400. WE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL WITH A DATE/TIME.